Do Not Buy Local (instead buy invested)
a break from Drew’s usual musings to make the the case for value over cost
Time was that buying local was an assurance of quality, of commitment to community. With the advent of the information age, things have changed. Now it is easier than ever to start up a web-based music store, set up a minimal storefront, and represent the knowledge and trust gained only from years of investing in the success of students, their families, and their schools.
That is why Boomer Music is a unique value in the ever-crowded school music market. What sets us apart?
1. Weekly visits to your child’s school — We know your teacher and the unique challenges they face.
2. On-site repairs — Our professional repair staff has decades of experience. When you need your treasured instrument repaired, you know who is fixing it.
3. Knowledgeable staff — We are proud of the professional performers and former music educators on our team. No matter your question or concern, we’ve seen it before.
4. Over 40 years in business — Boomer Music has been a constant since 1976. Through economic downturns and a global pandemic, we have not abandoned our community. Ever.
5. Reputable brands — We sell (and fully service) only the best educator approved brands and models.
6. Family owned and operated — We are invested in the musical community and the success of school music programs. Our staff and our kids attend or attended these same schools, and we do everything in our power to contribute to the continued success of their programs.
Sometimes buying online from an out of state company can save a little money, but Boomer Music’s nimble response time, expert staff, and personal service are always a better value.
Proof of this is in the words of educators we work with every week. Here are some of the things they are saying about Boomer Music:
Shawna Lemons, High Plains School Music Director — “Boomer provides the High Plains musicians with everything they need to meet their goals from kindergarten through eighth grade (and beyond!). Whether you are new to the world of music or a seasoned veteran, you will get the personalized help that fits your needs best. We love working with Boomer and they help our students put music on their stands and instruments in their hands!”
Chris Krueger, Resurrection Christian School Band Director — “Boomer Music Company has served the Northern Colorado area for nearly 50 years and is the number one choice for my students’ musical needs, as well as my own. They are readily available to provide top notch service to our school and our students in purchase, rental and repair and Drew and his staff have gone out of their way to be consistently helpful with anything I need. They are kind, compassionate and helpful in each interaction and it is a pleasure to work with people who have education and service at the root of the company.”
Kyle Freesen, Director of Bands, Loveland High School — “Many people do not realize the value of having a strong local music store invested in the community until there is problem. As the director of a competitive program at Loveland High School, we rely heavily on the speed of Boomer Music. I can’t even count the number of times that I have called Boomer Music to ask for quick repair, a loaner instrument, or anything else that we might need after a tough Friday night football game before a Saturday competition. Boomer Music is an asset to our community. Supporting a local business invested in our success assures will always be there for us and our students.“
When deciding who to trust with your family’s music education, invest in someone who invests in you, your child, and your school. It will always be the best value.